Popular Posts

ROME-PISA-FLORENCE

PISA
Vistas of undulating hills, rows of cypress trees, terraced vineyards, olive groves, and rural villages form the backdrop of our journey through beautiful Tuscany. We took a break in Pisa to see the SQUARE OF MIRACLES and the amazing Leaning Tower, then on to Florence.


Okay, I'm going to be very honest with you all--there really is not a ton to see or do in Pisa. However, if you'd like to stop for the famous pic with the leaning tower, I recommend just making it short stop in the city for an hour or two.  We went on a lovely day, and were able to get some fun pictures--but other than the famous quirky tower, there really is not a whole lot to do.
It really was such a beautiful day.  
I have to make a confession though. This may hurt a bit...but I have to be honest: the leaning tower was SO much smaller than I ever imagined! I legitimately thought it was going to be much taller then it is. It's really not very big at all.
Also, I know you can buy tickets to go inside! We did not do this, but if you want to spend a little bit longer there--that's always an option.




No comments:

Post a Comment