RED BEACH, BRIBIE ISLAND





We are so fortunate to live 30 minutes to Bribie Island where there are not just one but two designated dog beaches. If you are looking for a off leash dog beach, look no further than Bribie Island. With designated dog parks and beaches, including off-leash areas, Bribie Island has plenty of spaces that cater to dogs and their human owners alike.

Our favorite’s is the beach from Red Beach car park around to Woody Bay, Woorim. This fantastic stretch of surf beach is but part of the entire dog friendly southern coastline of Bribie Island, which runs all the way from here around to Red Beach Bongaree.


Although a bit narrow at high tide, at low tide there’s plenty of running and digging space for all concerned. There’s a convenient car park nearby on Bennelong St, from which the short path leads straight into the midst of 4-legged action. Intrepid owners and leash-free pets can from here hike the 3-4 km distance via Woody Bay all the way through wild scrubby beachfront to the calmer waters of Bongaree.





History buffs may be interested in the relics of Woorim Beach’s time as a strategic Pacific defence site in World War II that are dotted at various spots along the beachfront on the other side of the patrolled area. The nearest of these is the naval defence Indicator Loop hut at the far end of North St and in the picnic grounds nearby one of its squat concrete power huts that many a picnicker has mistaken for a toilet block.





13 comments:

  1. Your dog is super photogenic! Australia is such a paradise, gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking us on a virtual journey to your slice of paradise! And I love your little fur baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beach - beautiful pictures & awesome that it is dog friendly! You're doggie looks like he's enjoying his day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures and dog! :) I'm from Puerto Rico and we also have a beautiful beach called Red Beach and at first I thought the post was from that beach in PR. Never been to Australia... hope to visit someday!

    www.lisaandfam.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful beach. It is great that is dog friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bribie island! we've visited many times and it is always a gorgeous spot! I'm not sure if I've visited red beach but I'm keen too now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never taken my dog to the beach before. I'll have to check this one out. That water looks so blue and gorgeous and I can almost feel that sand between my toes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic place for you and your dog! I am so jealous that this is right in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool that you can bring yoru dog to the beach. Mine loves to travel and she likes the beach too. This is such a cool place need to put it in my list =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely are fortunate to leave so close to this place. I have never visited this place but after seeing this photos I would love to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I love the beach so much it is soothing and relaxing. I see your pet baby is having fun. I always wanted to take my dogs to the beach but I get scared that they would run after all the humans..jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can imagine taking my dog, Riley here and having so much fun with him! I like the fact that dogs are very much welcome here! Thanks for sharing this location with us, I'd love to visit someday soon!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Sleepy Town Of Bowen North Queensland

  Christmas Road Trip to Sleepy Town Bowen, North Queensland. Australia This Christmas we took the Great Queensland Getaway, and hit the hig...

Popular Posts

Blog Disclaimer

This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to the blog owner and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.



Disclaimer

©Tony&KimOutdoorAdventures.

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tony&KimOutdoorAdventures with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.



Events